Oregano is an aromatic herb that belongs to the mint family that is cultivated around the world. Its leaves and oils are medicinally used. Origanum Marjoram is the common oregano used for cooking. Origanum Vulgare is the wild oregano used for making oregano oil, which contain two powerful compounds that provide health benefits: carvacrol and thymol.
Studies have demonstrated that these two compounds have a significant systemic effect on keeping the body healthy via inhibiting the growth of bacteria, virus and fungi, which are the precipitating factors in most chronic diseases and illnesses.
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil:
- Antiviral and antibacterial properties help destroy organisms that contribute to infections.
- Antiparisitic properties are helpful in digestive problems.
- Strengthens the immune system by eliminating microbes.
- Oregano oil is an excellent chronic bladder infection remedy.
- Increase joint and muscles flexibility by eliminating inflammation.
- Improves chronic respiratory conditions.
- Applied topically, it can help treat skin infections, itchy skin and irritated gums.
- Thymol and carvacrol help calm stomachs upsets and aids digestion.
- Antioxidant properties in oregano oil exceeds apples and blueberries.
- Pregnant women are advised not to take Oil of Oregano regularly as the oil when used regularily may reduce the ability to absorb iron.
- Oregano oil comes from the same family as thyme, basil, sage and mint, so fi you have allergies to those, you may also react to oregano.
- When taking oregano oil internally, use a diluted dose as the highly concentrated oil may be harmful to your organs.
- Oil of oregano, topically may be moderately irritating to skin and can cause in some cases mucous membrane irritant. The oil should not be applied topically to mucous membranes in greater than a 1% concentration solution. In addition, children under the age of two years old as well as people with damaged or very sensitive skin should not use the oil topically.
This powerfully healing plant, as with so many herbs, whem used appropriately can bring rapid healing changes to even the most chronic conditions.
With all good wishes,
Copyright 2010 GDonadio